How to Prevent Muscle Loss With Aging (Sarcopenia) With Dr. Gabrielle LyonSep 29, 2021
Note: Reshape Physical Therapy and Wellness evolved into Weight Loss for Health, and finally Zivli. How to Lose Weight After 50 was our first course that eventually grew into Zivli. Some old blog posts or resources mentioned in this episode may have been removed.
If you’re wondering how to prevent muscle loss with aging, watch this interview with Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. Sarcopenia can be mitigated by optimizing your diet and lifestyle. Learn the key to longevity during this in-depth interview.
Muscle loss in the elderly, or at any age, can be reversed. It’s possible to maintain muscle while losing weight, and maintain muscle as you age - even after menopause.
In it, you’ll learn Dr. Gabrielle Lyon’s protein recommendations, diet and workout regimen, and why she founded the Muscle-Centric Medicine™ movement.
Listen to This Episode
Highlights From This Episode
- “How much protein do I need and how much protein per meal?”
- “How can you help to prevent muscle mass loss as you age?”
- “How does protein impact insulin?”
- “What is the protein threshold for muscle synthesis?”
- “What is leucine and why is it so important for healthy muscles?”
- “What’s the best exercise program to build muscle?”
- Dr. Lyon's top 3 mindset tips to lose weight and get healthy.
Subscribe & Review
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review are important factors in helping the Reshape Your Health Podcast and the YouTube Channel reach more people. If you haven't already subscribed, please do that today.
We would also be grateful if you left a rating and review, too. In your listening app, scroll to the “Ratings and Reviews” section, then click “Write a Review” and let us know what you enjoy about our show. We appreciate you taking the time to show your support. Thank you!
Resources From This Episode
>> Join Zivli