Uncover The Secret Life of Fat with Dr. Sylvia TaraApr 01, 2021
Note: Reshape Physical Therapy and Wellness evolved into Weight Loss for Health, and finally Zivli. How to Lose Weight After 50 was our first course that eventually grew into Zivli. Some old blog posts or resources mentioned in this episode may have been removed.
In this interview about her book The Secret Life of Fat, Dr. Sylvia Tara shares tips for women to lose their belly fat and keep it off.
Listen to This Episode
Highlights From This Episode
- Why fat is harder to lose as we age.
- Why each time you yo-yo diet, your fat gets harder to lose.
- Why women gain more belly fat after menopause.
- Why self-compassion and grace are important for lasting weight loss.
- Why sumo wrestlers...despite their size, can actually have excellent metabolic health.
- How women can lose fat and keep it off.
- How to influence your fat distribution from unsafe (visceral/belly fat), to safe (subcutaneous/under the skin) storage.
Subscribe & Review
Subscribing and leaving a rating and review are important factors in helping the Reshape Your Health Podcast and the YouTube Channel reach more people. If you haven't already subscribed, please do that today.
We would also be grateful if you left a rating and review, too. In your listening app, scroll to the “Ratings and Reviews” section, then click “Write a Review” and let us know what you enjoy about our show. We appreciate you taking the time to show your support. Thank you!
Resources From This Episode
>> Join Zivli
>> Book a Free Zivli Discovery Call
>> Freebie: Weight Loss Mindset Audio Training
>> Freebie: The Ultimate Food Guide